1000 Mile Ultimate Compression Sock
Using a graduated compression sock improves the circulation of blood back out of the leg, reducing ankle swelling, aiding muscle recovery after injury or over strain and reducing the build up of toxins around the feet and ankles.
When walking the foot acts a bit like a second heart, pumping the blood up the leg and back towards our organs to clean the blood and re-oxygenate it. High blood pressure and less elastic blood vessels as we get old, or long periods of sitting or standing reduce our ability to get blood and fluid out of the legs. Also injury to muscle function can result in the same effect. The result is swollen ankles and veins, and discoloured skin.
1000 Mile Compression Sock help by:
- Reducing the build up of lactic acid
- Accelerating blood circulation
- Reduce pooling of venous blood in the ankles
- Minimises muscle fatigue and soreness on long standing
- Enabling faster muscle recovery after exercise or injury
The arch and ankle bracing also give additional support. The heel, ball and toe zones have extra padding built in. The ultra flat toe seams prevent any seam irritation and fitted heel, all provide extra comfort. This is an excellent comfortable compression sock, which we highly recommend for:
- Swollen ankles
- Long standing
- Occupations of mixed walking or standing
- Recovery from an ankle sprain other foot injury
Sign up to receive our newsletter and special offers
- Tactel® rich wicking yarn keeps feet cool and dry
- Ankle and Arch Support
- Ergonomic toe with left/right labelling
- Compression level: 14-17 mmHg
- Unisex sizing by UK shoe size
60% Nylon, 36% Tactel® and 4% Spandex
- Machine wash at 30 degrees
- Do not Tumble Dry
Compression socks are deliberately a tighter fit. Some care is required to put them on:
- Roll sock back on itself and slide it onto your foot.
- Checking heel is in the correct position.
- Using both hands, stretch sock widthways and gradually roll it up your leg.
- Avoid pulling on the fabric as much as possible.
- Smooth out any wrinkles in the fabric by rubbing on your calf.
Exercises to Reduce Ankle Swelling:
Getting your muscles pumping during the day can help to reduce fluid in your ankles. Perform the first exercise while sitting and the second when standing. They can both be done with your shoes on too.
Toe Motion Exercise.
Heel Raise / Calf and foot Strengthening.