Silicone Heel Cup
A soft but firm gel heel cup to fit into your shoes, cushioning painful and tired heels.
Made from a soft comforting silicone gel these heel cups help to cushion and cradle uncomfortable tired heels. Sometimes as we get older, our natural heel fat pad can’t protect us enough from repeated impact with modern concrete floors. These heel cups will make up for deficiencies in our heel fat pad.
Silicone heel cups can also help in treating painful cracked heels, and can help lower back pain. Easily fits most shoes.
- It raises the heel slightly when standing or walking, reducing tension and pressure on the posterior back muscles, Achilles tendon and plantar fascia
- It cushions the heel, absorbing impact shock and reducing any stress from bone and joint ache
- Reduces shear and friction on the heels
- A blue soft spot gives extra relief to the most sensitive part of the heel
- Great for long periods of standing, plus sports and exercise
- Washable and reusable. To clean, wash in warm water, pat dry and dust with Gehwol Foot Powder to prevent sticking
Heel Cups should be worn with both shoes at once, even if the pain is only on one side. Using one will raise you up one one side and that’s not a good idea unless you know you have a shorted leg on the side you use the heel cup on.
Looking After your Heels:
Heels take quite a pounding everyday. The skin is prone to drying out and cracking, while the fat pad in the heel can become thinner as we age. The muscles in the arch on the foot can weaken causing pain in the heels, known as plantar fasciitis or policeman’s or postman’s heel. Keep calf muscles strong and flexible, they have a big influence on heel problems. Our heels need a little extra help, so here are a few easy tips:
- Use a good moisturiser on your heels daily, either am or pm, but certainly after a shower, as water tends to dry heel skin
- Give your heels a good massage after a long day on your feet
- Mix up the heel heights of your shoes during the day. Try not to use the same heel height throughout the day
- Try the following simple exercises daily:
Exercise Therapy Ball
Toe Motion Exercise
Heel Raise / Calf and Foot Strengthening
Sign up to receive our newsletter and special offers
Made from soft silicone, this anatomically designed heel cup provides a cushioned surface for your painful heel.
The ‘soft’ spot is located to provide symptomatic relief to the most common site of heel pain.
The cup is designed to fit snugly into the shoe.