Designed as part of the HeelFixKit, the Condition Specific PF Plantar Fasciitis insole (also known as the HeelFix insole can be bought separately too. That’s very useful if you need more pairs of insoles for your heel pain for other shoes to save transferring them about.
- Used widely in the NHS for the treatment of Plantar Fasciitis
- Incorporates more heel protection features than any other orthotic device available
- Shock-dot dell positioned to most painful spot on heel
- Deep heel cup and midfoot cradle to reduce heel pressure
- Heel raise and heel rocker to reduce stress on the plantar fascia during walking
- Brush nylon cover for softness
For more information on this insole:
Sign up to receive our newsletter and special offers
These insoles are designed to go with the HeelFixKit. The insole features an anatomical heel cradle providing comfortable, yet effective, rearfoot control.
The midfoot support stabilises the foot when loaded and is more comfortable than a traditional ‘arch support’.
The 1st joint recess allows the foot to prepare for the ‘toe-off’ in gait making the foot more effective and functional when moving forward.
Plantar fasciitis is a very common cause of heel pain. It is also known as heel spurs, policeman’s heel or foot, postman’s heel or foot and plantar fasciopathy. It typically affects people from around the age of 40 onwards, but earlier in runners.
Classic symptoms are:
- Heel pain worse in the morning, rising from sitting
- Heel pain during longer periods of exercise and standing
- Reduces and disappears on rest and non-weight bearing
- Tends to settle after several steps or minutes of walking, to build again through the day
- Pain under the heel, near the arch, but never in the arch. Arch pain is caused by other conditions
The condition is caused by over strain of an important fibrous band (plantar fascia or plantar aponeurosis) that runs from the heel under the foot and divides into slips running to each toe.
This plantar fascia is used to help the muscles support the arch of the foot especially as the heel is about to lift off the ground. Once irritated can hurt to load the heel, but usually the pain is worse just as you are about to push off your foot.
To heal up and settle down the injury needs rest and time, but this is difficult with the foot, and too much rest can weaken the foot causing more problems.
Therefore footwear and insoles that reduce the strain, and exercises that strengthen the foot are usually the best combination. Strapping the foot up for a while can help too.
The Condition Specific PF insole is one of very few foot orthotic devices specifically designed for heel pain caused by this condition.
It has the following features:
- Heel lift, which reduces the strain on the plantar fascia
- Arch support to take the load from the heel
- A heel dell and shock dot positioned to take pressure off the most sensitive area of the heel
- Deep heel cup to hold the soft tissue around the heel keeping the heel fat pad under the heel, preventing it from squeezing sideways
- Forefoot support to stabilise the foot as the load moves from the heel to the forefoot
- Deep casual shoes
- Deep lace up shoes
- Trainers (recommended)
- Hiking boots.
- Very flat shoes are unsuitable
What else can I do to help?
Exercises are really important to resolve this condition. See one ones we have linked to the PF insole.
Also the PF Insole is supplied individually or as part of the Heel fix kit, which is also designed by HealthyStep and has all you need to speed up your heel pain recovery:
- 14 days supply of heel pain relief tape
- A foot Therapy ball
- The PF Insole
- Advice and Exercise sheet
Sometimes steroid injections can control the pain, but shouldn’t be used on their own but in combination with the right shoes, exercises and insoles.
For more information on heel pain go to:
Insoles help improve foot function, but simple rehabilitation techniques are incredibly important and will reinforce the effect of the Healthy Step
By exercising and strengthening the foot it is possible to help speed up the recovery process of heel pain and return to whatever activity the wearer loves to do – whether that be walking, running or playing their preferred sport.
By using our foot therapy balls, the toe flexors become stronger allowing the foot to grip the floor during gait. This makes for a more efficient gait, helping you improve your posture.
Other Popular HealthyStep Products You may also like…
Gehwol Balance Leg & Foot Lotion
A pro-biotic care concept forms the basis of GEHWOL Balance Leg & Foot Lotion for skin stressed by external influences every day.It revitalises and strengthens the natural skin barrier.
Super Strength Glucosamine Sulphate 1000mg
Glucosamine helps to maintain healthy joints, it is involved in the rebuilding of connective tissues around the joints, including tendons, ligaments and cartilage.
WALKING SOCK (TWIN PACK)
3 Season comfort for walkers.Perfect with all types of walking boot or shoe.The 1000 Mile Walk Sock offers 3 season comfort and temperature control.
Arch Angel Fallen Arch Insoles
ArchAngel® fallen arches insoles have been designed and contoured to provide the best comfort and arch support for feet with fallen arches.