Ultimate Patella Knee Strap
This is an ideal support for the runner who experiences patella-femoral or kneecap pain.
Made from a breathable material, its comfortable supportive. We believe this to be the best patella strap on the market.
Kneecap pain is common in runners, but can also affect teenagers especially girls, on exercise or strait climbing.
It is usually a sign that hip and thigh muscles are out of balance and need to be strengthened correctly to get the kneecap running true again. The patella strap can reduce the pain, and often allow running or other exercise to continue.
- Poor kneecap tracking pain
- Patella tendonitis
- One size fits most
For sizing measure around the centre of knee – Fits 10″- 22″ (25-55cm)
Sign up to receive our newsletter and special offers
- Moisture wicking fabric to prevent overheating and sweating
- Adjustable for perfect fit and compression
- Ensures full knee range of motion and comfort
Fitting Support and Exercises:
- Correctly fitting your support improves its function and product life expectancy
- Wear the Ultimate Performance®Up logo pointing up towards the knee, with the central indentation under the kneecap
- Wrap the support around the leg, below the kneecap
- Adjust tension to requirement and comfort and secure the tabs. Insoles with high arch support like HealthySteps X-Line TPD 50 and Arch Angel can also be beneficial in kneecap pain
Simple exercises can help the recovery of kneecap pain. However you may need expert guidance from a physiotherapist to resolve the problem. Try the following exercises, which can be enhanced by adding resistance tape:
Active Quadriceps strengthening:
- Sit on a chair
- Pull your ankle and toes up, tighten your thigh muscle and straighten your knee, but keep very slightly flexed at 5 degrees
- Keep your knees slightly apart
- Hold for approx 10 seconds, and then slowly relax your leg
- Repeat 3 times a day for 3 days