X-Line AT Insoles
The AT insole is an orthotic device designed for Achilles Tendinitis / tendinopathy, (pain at the back of the heel). This is the first insole ever designed specifically to resolve over-strain and pain of the Achilles tendon.
- Incorporates heel lift, heel rocker, and other features to protect the Achilles
- Reduces Achilles strain on walking and running
- Heel cup and midfoot cradle ensures comfort
- Camberelle® top cover for strength and durability
- Designed by HealthyStep’s Achilles mechanics expert podiatrist
For more information on this insole please click link below
- Pain in the Achilles tendon during or after exercise.
- Achilles tendinitis, paratenonitis, and tendinosis.
- Pain on the back of the heel bone, where the Achilles tendon attaches.
- Pains or recurrent pulls in the calf muscles during exercise.
- Many others symptoms you might notice wearing flat shoes in your back, legs or feet.
Fits the following shoe styles:
- Any shoe with a removable in-sock/insole.
- Most lace up comfort shoe styles.
- Trainers and walking shoes.
- Unsuitable for very flat shoes*
Made for Achilles Tendonitis
The X-Line AT is made to reduce pronation related stress, improve your foot position and cushion your heel.
The insole is reinforced for improved stability and boasts a hindfoot lift which raises the heel. This reduces the strain on the Achilles during the driving phase of gait.
The X-Line AT features include a midfoot saddle, a ‘lump’ designed to reduce the speed and calcaneal plantarflexion in the foot.
Achilles Tendinitis or tendinopathy is pain at the back of the heel after exercise, or first thing in the morning. Pain behind the ankle or heel is usually a result of Achilles over strain. It’s a common injury in sports people over 30, but also quite common in more sedentary populations over 50 years of age.
The AT insole is the first insole ever designed to specifically resolve over strain and pain of the Achilles tendon. It is also used for calf injuries.
Injury of the Achilles tendon is commonly called Achilles tendinitis / sometimes tendonitis, but it is far more than just the inflammation this name suggests (itis means inflammation). It is primarily a degenerative problem, where the tendon becomes mechanically weaker. As result the term Achilles tendinopathy is now used among clinicians.
This term also includes Achilles insertitis, (inflamed attachment of the tendon) paratenonitis (inflammation of the covering of the Achilles tendon) as well as tendinosis (degeneration).
The AT insole was designed in Britain by HealthyStep to help all of these conditions. It is also very effective in helping recurrent calf strains in runners. It incorporates the following features:
- Designed by Healthy Steps Specialist Achilles Expert
- Incorporates heel lift and heel rocker
- Reduces Achilles stress during walking and running
- Arch contour and heel cradle ensures comfort
Can be used for any symptom linked to overuse, weakness or fatigue of the calf muscles or Achilles tendon:
- Pain in the Achilles tendon during or after exercise
- Pain on the back of the heel bone, where the Achilles tendon attaches
- Pains or recurrent pulls in the calf muscles during exercise
- Many others symptoms you might notice wearing flat shoes in your back, legs or feet
Suitable for the following shoe styles, especially if existing shoe in-sock is removed first:
- Sports shoes like trainers
- Golf Shoes
- Walking boots
- Casual lace up shoes
For more information on this insole
What else can I do to help?
Strengthening the muscles at the back of the calf can really help the Achilles tendon to strengthen. See the exercises we recommend to strength your calf muscles.