X-Line TPD Insoles
The TPD insole is an orthotic device designed for Tibialis Posterior Dysfunction, a condition that can cause rapidly developing flat feet and pain on the inside of ankle, arch and/or shin. Also very helpful orthotic device for other symptoms related to a lot of foot flattening on standing.
X-Line TPD Insoles
The ideal solution for tibialis posterior dysfunction
(TPD or PTTD):
Widely used within the UK’s NHS and the British Armed Services, the TPD insole is used to treat injuries to the tibialis posterior muscle and its tendon as well as other problems caused by ‘arch’ instability and flattening feet.
- Deep heel cups for rearfoot stabilisation
- High arch support placed specifically to offload the tibialis posterior tendon
- Midfoot cradle and metatarsal support
- High plastic wrap reinforcement to strengthen insole
- Camberelle® top cover for strength and durability
- Supports the ‘arch’ where other insoles fail
For more information on this insole watch this video
Fits the following shoe styles:
- Any shoe with a removable in-sock/insole
- Most lace up comfort shoe styles
- Trainers (especially motion control trainers) and walking shoes
- Unsuitable for very flat or flexible shoes
Sign up to receive our newsletter and special offers
- Reassuringly effective control of inward-rolling rearfoot and ankle instability with terrific anti-hyperpronation control
- High midfoot saddle to provide essential support and stability of the foot during gait
- High durability and longevity from utilisation of a plastic wrap outer shell and tough Camberelle® top cover
- Severe arch ache or pain
- Severe medial ankle & shin pain
- Inward rolling ankles and flattening feet
- Any symptoms caused by large degrees of foot arch drop
- Perfect for immediate relief of Tibialis Posterior Dysfunction
The TPD insole is an orthotic device that brings the key features to control:
- Excessive pronation or too much foot flattening in the foot (also known as hyper and over pronation)
- This particularly helps a condition called Tibialis Posterior Dysfunction, a severe cause of arch height dropping
- Tibialis Posterior Dysfuntion causes foot flattening on weight bearing, accompanied by pain around the inside of the ankle, arch and inside of the shin. It is caused by failure of the tendon arising from the main arch supporting muscle of the foot. Treatment is urgent!
Start with the following exercises:
Once the pain begins to settle and walking becomes easier, try the next exercise:
Once the tibialis posterior exercise is easy and causes no discomfort and your walking has become easy, try strengthening your calf. Do this exercise with your shoes on!
In the early painful stages, icing the area can bring about pain relief, as can the use of anti-inflammatory creams if you know it is safe for you to use them
Other Popular HealthyStep Products You may also like…
Arch Angel Fallen Arch Insoles
ArchAngel® fallen arches insoles have been designed and contoured to provide the best comfort and arch support for feet with fallen arches.
Super Strength Glucosamine Sulphate 1000mg
Glucosamine helps to maintain healthy joints, it is involved in the rebuilding of connective tissues around the joints, including tendons, ligaments and cartilage.
Gehwol Balance Leg & Foot Lotion
A pro-biotic care concept forms the basis of GEHWOL Balance Leg & Foot Lotion for skin stressed by external influences every day.It revitalises and strengthens the natural skin barrier.
WALKING SOCK (TWIN PACK)
3 Season comfort for walkers.Perfect with all types of walking boot or shoe.The 1000 Mile Walk Sock offers 3 season comfort and temperature control.