Gehwol Salve Cream
Gehwol Salve Cream assists heavily callused, dry, cracked, and rough skin. It protects against inflammation and symptoms linked
to cracked skin including itching and soreness.
The ointment is designed to stimulate the blood flow while cooling and refreshing tired feet.
For best results when treating Calluses, use Gehwol Callus Cream twice a day. Follow up with Gehwol Lipidro Foot Cream, or Gehwol Salve once symptoms resolved.
- For heavily callused or cracked skin
- Helps skin regain its natural elasticity and function
- Soothing, anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial action
- This product can be used safely by people with diabetes
How to control cracked skin:
- Dry skin and callus or hard skin are not the same thing but can co-exist
- Dry and cracked skin results from sweat glands of the feet ageing and becoming less able to moisturise the skin naturally
- Hard skin or callus occurs over areas of increases stress as a protective mechanism, and in a small amount is not an issue
- Dry skin is more likely to develop cracks and worse callus because the skin becomes less supple and less capable of dealing with frictional stress between the foot and the contact surface
- If your skin is not cracked but callused and hard see how to manage callus (link)
Managing dry, cracked skin:
- Try and keep your feet well moisturised twice daily using a specialised cream such as Gehwol’s cracked skin salve
- Use mild soaps for bathing
- Don’t bath in very hot water; it removes natural oils in the feet
- Use shoes or insoles with a heel cup, to help reduce heel skin stresses; the X-Line pressure perfect is very helpful
- Keep the muscles in your feet strong (see exercises below)
- Watch your weight. The heavier you are the more it can flatten the natural fatty tissue in the feet
- Padded TOETOE such as 3D Terry Walker socks can be helpful on exercise
- Preform the following foot and calf exercises
Once your cracked skin is resolved or reduced continue with a moisturizer such as Gehwol Lipidro Foot Cream.
If the following advise doesn’t resolve your issues consult a podiatrist, either privately or if the service is provided in your area, via your GP on the NHS.
Sign up to receive our newsletter and special offers
A clever combination of essential oils, panthenol and bisabolol (from chamomile) help treat and prevent dry, cracked skin.
Stronger, more supple Feet
With regular use the skin is helped to regain its natural elasticity and resistibility.
This product can be used safely by people with diabetes.
Apply a small amount in the palm of your hand and massage into the feet twice a day including first thing after washing.
Wash your hands after use.
Once your cracks are resolved continue treatment with Gehwol Salve Cream.
- It is advisable to carry out a patch test before using any essential oil
- Do not to be used on broken skin
- It must not be used during pregnancy, while breastfeeding or by those affected by epilepsy
- Cancer patients should seek advice from their oncologist before using the product
- This product is not to be used on children under 5 years of age
- Care should also be taken if suffering from any respiratory disorders or allergies
- Once opened, use within 6 months
In the unlikely event of an adverse reaction, stop use immediately.
Active ingredients (125ml):
- Medicated soap, lanolin, and Vaseline soften skin
- Panthenol, a provitamin of B5, for skin cell regrowth resolving cracked skin
- Bisabolol, an essential oil of chamomile for anti-inflammatory and soothing effects
- Eucalyptus oil, antimicrobial and antiseptic
- Lavender oil powerful antioxidant improving skin condition
- Oil of rosemary relieves irritation
- Menthol providing skin irritation relief
- Camphor reduces itching, helps skin resist athlete’s foot and verrucae
Other Ingredients: water, zinc oxide, petrolatum, potassium castorate, propylene glycol, glycerin, rosemary leaf oil, Citronella Oil, thyme Oil fragrance (parfum), citronellol, coumarin, geraniol, Limonene, linalool, alpha methyl ionone.