X-Line DJD Insoles
An insole designed to alleviate big toe joint pain or ache during and after activity. Osteoarthritis is called Degenerative Joint Disease (DJD) in medical circles and this is the first insole designed for big toe osteoarthritis. Widely used in the NHS.
An insole designed to alleviate big toe joint pain or ache during and after activity. Osteoarthritis is called Degenerative Joint Disease (DJD) in medical circles and this is the first insole designed for big toe osteoarthritis. Widely used in the NHS for the treatment of Hallux Rigidus and Hallux Limitus.
- Features supports and contours that reduce the amount of bend in the big toe when walking
- Forefoot rocker precisely located to reduce big toe stress
- Heel and midfoot cradled to guarantee comfort
- The Cambrelle® top cover gives durability and an easy surface to clean
- For more information on this insole visit
- Hallux Limitus and Hallux Rigidus
- Osteoarthritis of the big toe joint
- Big toe pain on movement
- Deep pain from bunions
- Big toe sesamoiditis
- Golf or hiking induced big toe joint pain
- Excellent for use after big toe joint surgery including fusion
For more information on big toe osteoarthritis
Fits the following shoe styles:
- The DJD insole requires a deeper shoe with a deep toe box
- Works best in a shoe with a stiff sole
- Any lace-up shoe with a removable in-sock/insole should be sufficient
- All quality hiking boots
- Most trainers and walking shoes
- Most spacious golf shoes
Sign up to receive our newsletter and special offers
The X-Line DJD has an array of features which combine to make movement more comfortable. There is a heel raise which tips your foot forward a little. This means your painful or troublesome joint doesn’t have to bend as much when you walk.
Insole Metatarsal Rocker
Underneath the insole is a ‘rocker’ which will help move your foot from stance phase (when you’re fully weightbearing) to toe-off. The 1st joint area has a recess or dip. This feature allows the 1st joint to ‘drop’ slightly which again allows a more efficient gait by assisting the joint into the toe off stage.
The whole insole is packed with unique features designed is assist the 1st joint move through the gait cycle. This innovation is proving popular with patients suffering from arthritis in the 1st joint, and those who have undergone recent bunion surgery.
Aching or pain in the big toe joint after activity is commonly cause by osteoarthritic changes. Osteoarthritis is called Degenerative Joint Disease in medical circles, therefore we called the insole designed to alleviate big toe joint pain the DJD orthotic device. It is the first insole designed for this condition, and is extremely effective being widely used in the UK’s National Health Service (NHS).
Used for big toe joint pain, and associate problems of a stiff big toe:
Can be used for any symptom linked to an osteoarthritis big toe, or after a big toe joint has been fused (arthrodesis).
- Pain in the big toe joint on exercise
- Back, leg and foot pains caused by having a stiff big toe joint
- Helps with problems with walking after the big toe joint has been surgically fused
- Particularly effective for big toe pain hiking or playing golf.The DJD insole requires a deeper shoe with a deep toe box
- Casual lace up shoes, deep golf shoes, trainer or hiking boots are the best options t fit these insoles
- It is much easier to fit the DJD if the shoe has a removable in-sock
- Best results are achieved with a stiff soled shoe.
The insole works by reducing the upward bending force usually put on your big toe as your heel lifts off the ground. However, cleverly it still allows your other toes to bend normally. This reduces the pain yet allows you to walk normally. Take it from us; that’s a neat trick!
- Heel raise to allows the foot to pitch over the big toe more easily
- A forefoot rocker precisely located to reduce big toe joint stress
- A special trench to reduce how much the big toe needs to bend when walking, or other activities
- Lesser toe platform, so other toes continue to work normally
- Heel cradle and mid-foot support for comfort.Designed in Britain by Healthy Step
What else can I do you help my big toe pain?
Apart from stiff soled shoes, exercises have proved helpful. Try those we recommend for use with this insole.
Osteoarthritis, the cause of DJD, can cause your big toes to start to ache and be restricted in movement, or be completely stiff. Because of this, we’ve found the X-Line DJD to be particularly effective when used with foot strengthening exercises:
In addition, a therapy ball can be used to strengthen flexor muscles in the foot.